Strategic use of Social Media
Our ‘Strategic use of Social Media’ course is an online learning program, which can further deepens and explores some of the most popular social media applications. You will experience the usability and its impact. You will discover what platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram can do for you. You will experience what the possibilities of content curation are. And you will bes surprised by tools like Prezi and Storify. Additionally you will learn from the experiences of your fellow students! While more students will join you in the virtual classes you will set a personal goal at the beginning of the course. During the course you will not only gain knowledge and insights. The assignments will help you to bring everything into practice. You also benefit from the online interactions with fellow students and the personal supervision of the teacher. Together, this represents a unique form of learning.
At the end of the course you have the right insights in the strategic use of Social Media and be able to use it in an effective way for your organisation. And you have reached your self-stated goal.
During this 1 day workshop our lecturer will guide you through the course material in an interactive and practical way to ensure that you not only get the needed knowledge and insight but develop your skills as well.
To get the best result out of the course we strongly recommend to bring your own device to the course.
The course is aimed at information specialists who want to learn more about effective use of Social Media in a professional environment.
The course “Strategic use of Social Media Things’ covers the following topics:
- Content curation; filtering of information in social media and how to present it in an attractive way
- Copyright and creative commons; alternative forms of copyright and how to deal with
- Facebook; the do’s and don’ts as a person, entrepreneur and organization
- Instagram; social photography, trends and opportunities
- Pinterest; “Liking and pins” is not only fun, but also useful in branding of your brand and services
- Twitter floor; the smart use Twitter to listen, search and share what you love doing
- Sreencasting; the effect of short instructional videos
- Monitoring tools; learn how to be efficient by monitoring results and interaction