About GO | School for Information
With close to 70 years of experience, GO offers a wide range of education and training opportunities for information professionals.
- Experienced teaching staff (permanent and free-lance teachers) who are experts in their fields, knowledgeable about the latest trends, updated on the latest developments and capable of combining theory and professional work experience with practical exercises.
- Students are taught how to apply theoretical knowledge into their daily workflow, enabling their professional development and skill enhancement.
- Classes (face-to-face and online) taught in an interactive, engaging, learning environment using modern technologies.
- In-company training offered on select topics
Since January 2009, GO has been incorporated as part of KBenP Holding, one of the leading consultancy firms specialized in the field of Information Services in The Netherlands.
GO | School for Information focuses on the following themes:
- Information Management
- Information Retrieval & Search
- Records Management & Archiving
- Content Curation & Content Management
- Social Media
- Data Management
- Digital Skills
- Information Literacy,
- Competency testing
Besides in The Netherlands, GO is also active on an international level:
For over 10 years GO conducts courses in Patent Information Management in several parts of the world. For example, every second year we organize a 15 day course on this subject in India (locations: Bangalore and Delhi).
2014 – 2015: A 25 day course ‘Information Specialist’ (HBO-level) for the Anton de Kom University in Paramaribo, Surinam. Besides the employees of the University Library the participants came from organizations like the National Bank, The National Assemblée, Staatsolie, Bauxite Company and The National Archives. The course consisted of 5 modules and 25 days on the topics of information retrieval, search, customer-focused information services, and marketing.
2016: Several course for the information specialists of the Flemish Parliament (Belgium) on the topics: Content Curation, Internet Search and Customer Focused Communication.
2016: Several courses for the employees of the National Archives in Suriname on the topics: Content Curation, Records Management, and the management of (digital) sound and vision archives.
2017: MARC21 course for the Information Specialist of the National Library of Belgium.
2018: Basic Library Course for the employees of the Biblioteku Nacional de Bonaire.
2019: Customer Focus and Marketing for the Biblioteku Nashonal de Korsou (Curacao).
2019: 3 day open course (both classroom teaching as online) in cooperation with the Department of Library and Information Studies at the University of the West Indies, Kngston, Jamaica.
2019: Digitizing of Cultural Heritage for the Mongui Maduro Museum in Willemstad, Curacao.