About GO | School for Information
We are GO | School for Information. A Dutch based educational institute specialized in educating Information Professionals. For over 70 years we prepare librarians, information specialists, records managers, knowledge managers, content managers, archivists for the future!
Lifelong learning and Continuous Education are essential for Information Professionals to remain successful in this fast moving field of information services. GO | School for Information provides the opportunity of professional skill enhancement to keep your competencies up to date. We help you in maintaining and growing the added value of your work for your organization.
GO | School for Information provides a broad portfolio of skill enhancement courses for professionals. Our advantage over peer teaching institutions:
- We have a comprehensive and experienced teaching staff (permanent and free-lance teachers) who are experts in their fields, knowledgeable about the latest trends, updated on the latest developments and specialized in combining theory and professional work experience with practical exercises.
- We teach our students how to apply theoretical knowledge into their daily workflow, enabling their professional development and skill enhancement.
- Our classes (face-to-face and online) are taught in an interactive, engaging, learning environment using modern technologies.
- We offer In-company training on select topics to make sure the curriculum fits your needs and wishes.
What Programs Do We Offer?
A selection of topics we cover with our courses:
- Information Retrieval
- Internet Search & Research
- Innovative Techniques and Skills in the Library
- Marketing of Information Services
- Content Management & Social Media
- Content Curation
- Patent Information
- Records Management & Archiving
- Metadata, MARC21, RDA & LRM
- Data Management & Data Science
- Communication skills
Besides our regular open course we provide tailor made inhouse training possibilities. This could be online as traditional classroom teaching as well.
If you don’t find the topics of your choice in our portfolio, please contact us on email@example.com to discuss your wishes, demands and requirements. In the Netherlands we offer over 150 different courses, so we are pretty sure we can fulfill your needs!
Besides in The Netherlands, GO is also active on an international level:
For over 10 years GO conducts courses in Patent Information Management in several parts of the world. For example, every second year we organize a 15 day course on this subject in India (locations: Bangalore and Delhi).
2014 – 2015: A 25 day course ‘Information Specialist’ (HBO-level) for the Anton de Kom University in Paramaribo, Surinam. Besides the employees of the University Library the participants came from organizations like the National Bank, The National Assemblée, Staatsolie, Bauxite Company and The National Archives. The course consisted of 5 modules and 25 days on the topics of information retrieval, search, customer-focused information services, and marketing.
2016: Several course for the information specialists of the Flemish Parliament (Belgium) on the topics: Content Curation, Internet Search and Customer Focused Communication.
2016: Several courses for the employees of the National Archives in Suriname on the topics: Content Curation, Records Management, and the management of (digital) sound and vision archives.
2017: MARC21 course for the Information Specialist of the National Library of Belgium.
2018: Basic Library Course for the employees of the Biblioteku Nacional de Bonaire.
2019: Customer Focus and Marketing for the Biblioteku Nashonal de Korsou (Curacao).
2019: 3 day open course (both classroom teaching as online) in cooperation with the Department of Library and Information Studies at the University of the West Indies, Kngston, Jamaica.
2019: Digitizing of Cultural Heritage for the Mongui Maduro Museum in Willemstad, Curacao.
2020: Start of a Library School in Suriname in cooperation with the National Database Suriname and the financial support of St. GO Fonds.
2020: Basic online course on Recordsmanagement for the Dutch Caribean.
2020: Tailor made online program on Marketing for the Information Centre of the Central Bank of Aruba