Internal Information Management / Gestión interna de la información
Organizations produce and acquire information in ever increasing quantities. But how do we keep control ? Do we really profit at maximum from the internal information? How do we avoid that information is lost? The application of dedicated and pragmatic procedures and protocols for internal information management provides the solution.
Atención: Este curso también está disponible español.
This course is suited to everyone who wants to structure internal information and document management to improve the organisation operations.
In 3 days of practical and interactive classroom sessions our lecturer will guide you through all the aspects of Internal Information Management. Individual and group assignments will be used to make sure all the attendants both understand the course material and are able to use it in their work. The course includes ample opportunity for interaction with the lecturer to discuss specific information management problems of the participants.
After completing the course, the participant has the right knowledge, insight and skills to develop and implement a set of dedicated and pragmatic procedures and protocols for the organization’s internal information management and performance monitoring.
This course covers the following topics:
- key role of information
- information for processes
- sources of information
- quality aspects
- document information versus geo-information
- measurements and observations
- digital versus analogue information
- backup issues
- costs, property rights, copyrights
- archive security and protection
- institutional information policy
- preventing loss of information
- long term information management
- value of data and information
- standardization, including terminology
- procedures for information management
- role of ICT (software, hardware)
- the human factor: the users