Lifehacks for Information Specialists
As information specialist we live a busy life. Among the many tasks we have helping people find their way through huge amounts of available information, instructing them how to search, find and manage information or explain how some information systems or databases work probably takes the most of our time.
So why don’t we try to make our lives a little bit easier? There are plenty of on-line tools available. And the most of them are free! So why don’t take the advantages offered to us through these Open Acces channels. Are all those tool unknown to us or don’t we take the time to teach ourselves how to get familiar to them?
This course is aimed at experienced cataloger who on a daily basis with deal creating records and assigning search entries in catalogs.
In this 1 day workshop you will be presented with 5 – 8 free tools that will help you to improve the output of your work and make your life easier. During the workshop our lecturer will guide you through the course material in an interactive and practical way to ensure that you not only get the needed knowledge and insight but develop your skills as well.
To get the best result out of the course we strongly recommend to bring your own device to the course.
After completing the course you have the skills to use several free online tools to make your (information) life easier and are able to explain these tools and there use to others.
The Lifehacks for Information Specialists covers the following topics:
- How to make an effective video-instruction in just a few minutes (Screen-cast-o-matic)
- How use an interactive quiz tool in a workshop or presentation (Menitmeter)
- How to make an attractibe newsletter
- How to get copyright free foto materials (Pixabay)
- How to combine different apps to give you better results and more information (ITTT)
- How to make effective infographics (Piktochart)
- How to manage your passwords (Lastpass)
- How to translate text (DeepL)
Part of the course is to explore the usage of the tools as an Information Specialist in your organisation.