Lifehacks for Information Specialists
As information specialist we live a busy life. Among the many tasks we have is helping people find their way through huge amounts of available information, instructing them how to search, find and manage information or explain how some information systems or databases work. Most likely these tasks consume most of our time.
So why don’t we try to make our lives a little bit easier? There are plenty of on-line tools available. And most of them are free! So why don’t we take advantage of the benefits offered to us through these Open Access channels. As information specilaists we should take the time to become familiar with these unknown tools and apply these in our work places.
This course is aimed at information specialists who want to try new tools to make their working life easier and also advise clients on how to use these tools
In this 1 day workshop you will be presented with 5 – 8 free tools that will help you to improve the output of your work and make your life easier. During the workshop our lecturer will guide you through the course material in an interactive and practical way to ensure that you not only get the required knowledge and insight but develop your skills as well.
To get the best result out of the course we strongly recommend that you bring your own device to the course.
After completing the course you have the skills to use several free online tools to make your (information) life easier and you are able to explain these tools and their use to others.
The Lifehacks for Information Specialists covers the following topics:
- How to make an effective video-instruction in just a few minutes (Screen-cast-o-matic)
- How use an interactive quiz tool in a workshop or presentation (Menitmeter)
- How to make an attractive newsletter
- How to get copyright free photo materials (Pixabay)
- How to combine different apps to give you better results and more information (ITTT)
- How to make effective infographics (Piktochart)
- How to manage your passwords (Lastpass)
- How to translate text (DeepL)
Part of the course is to explore the usage of these tools as an Information Specialist in your organisation.