RDA & LRM
RDA (Resource Description and Access) was introduced and implemented worldwide in 2014. It is the new cataloging standard that uses the concept of LRM (Library Reference Model). As an cataloger you will encounter these terms more and more. There has been published a lot about these new standards. In this course we will look at the practical side for you as an Information specialist or Librarian.
This course is aimed at experienced cataloger who on a daily basis with deal creating records and assigning search entries in catalogs.
During this 2 day workshop our lecturer will guide you through the course material in an interactive and practical way to ensure that you not only get the needed knowledge and insight but develop your skills as well.
To get the best result out of the course we strongly recommend to bring your own device to the course.
After completing the course you will know why RDA is important, how it will change bibliographic records and what the consequences are for your daily work.
The RDA & LRM course covers the following topics:
- relationship between RDA and the concept of LRM with existing international cataloging standards ISBD, AACR2, MARC and the Statement of Principles
- the entity-relations model
- the structure of entities
- relationships and attributes
- the requirements of a modern catalogue
- organization, structure, key concepts, terminology and principles
- the differences with AACR2
- advantages and disadvantages
- RDA Test (results and problems)
- RDA in an international context, in Europe and in the Netherlands
- implementation in library systems
- consequences of RDA for the daily practice of the title describes.
- RDA Toolkit
29 & 30 de Mayo en Panamá, o interno en su empresa enfocado en sus requerimientos.
5 días de 10 am a 4.30 pm con receso para almuerzo de 12.30 am a 1.30 pm.
+31 70 3512380